I was reading this morning about how Coca-Cola is moving it’s campaigns to social media sites like Facebook and for the first time (I’m slow – I’m sure that most of you have figured this out already) I realized that social media communities have joined the ranks of traditional media with huge audiences for advertisers to access. Obviously it’s a bit different than traditional paid media – but not so different if you compare magazine to television for example. Only in this case, Coca-Cola is comparing their own traditonal digital campaign websites (with it’s high cost to create and maintain) with their branded sites on YouTube and Facebook, and coming up in favour of the latter. Community sites – where huge audiences already exist might actually be a more cost efficient and effective place to dangle your consumer commercial messaging hook. Remember, engagement is king in these communities, so those rushing to drop content-needy advertising web sites are still doomed to fail. But the long-term implications for digital online certainly is the pause that will refresh or kill that side of the digital coin. Is it the real thing? Only time will tell.
Visit The Archives
Looking For Something?
- RT @Sue_Sherban: Reeves Way 🌎nothing better than “Country close to the City” #Stouffville #EarthDay2018 https://t.co/s9mIUHs3oi 1 day ago
- Sad for her. twitter.com/crownchronicle… 4 days ago
- Fortunate to have watched some incredible hockey. Proud of our team. The Attack have a lot of heart! twitter.com/ian_boddy/stat… 4 days ago
- RT @AttackOHL: This one stings, but what a battle. Congrats to the @OHLHoundPower and good luck in the Western Conference Final. https://t.… 5 days ago
- RT @AttackOHL: #TheManChild with a POWER move at 17:13 of the 3rd makes it 8-5 Hancock and Durzi with the assists. PS, we've pulled our g… 5 days ago
- RT @AttackOHL: Thank you to everyone who attended tonight's Game 7 viewing party! With your generosity, we were able to help raise $3,100 f… 5 days ago
- RT @AttackOHL: #OhCaptainMyCaptain goes coast to coast like butter on toast and rips one past Vilallata to make it 8-4. Mitchell Russell w… 5 days ago
- RT @Suits_USA: Harvey and Louis are coming face-to-face with the truth. Don't miss the last episode of #Suits before the 2-hour season fi… 5 days ago
- RT @Suits_USA: From brilliant paralegal to fierce lawyer, Rachel has proved she is unstoppable. Read more about everything she’s taught us… 5 days ago