I was reading this morning about how Coca-Cola is moving it’s campaigns to social media sites like Facebook and for the first time (I’m slow – I’m sure that most of you have figured this out already) I realized that social media communities have joined the ranks of traditional media with huge audiences for advertisers to access. Obviously it’s a bit different than traditional paid media – but not so different if you compare magazine to television for example. Only in this case, Coca-Cola is comparing their own traditonal digital campaign websites (with it’s high cost to create and maintain) with their branded sites on YouTube and Facebook, and coming up in favour of the latter. Community sites – where huge audiences already exist might actually be a more cost efficient and effective place to dangle your consumer commercial messaging hook. Remember, engagement is king in these communities, so those rushing to drop content-needy advertising web sites are still doomed to fail. But the long-term implications for digital online certainly is the pause that will refresh or kill that side of the digital coin. Is it the real thing? Only time will tell.
Visit The Archives
Looking For Something?
- The Wildlife Photographer of the Year shortlist is breathtakingly good independent.co.uk/arts-entertain… 1 month ago
- The Crown season 2 gets Netflix release date digitalspy.com/tv/the-crown/n… via @DigitalSpy 2 months ago
- RT @TIFF_NET: An IMAX screening of Graeme Ferguson’s NORTH OF SUPERIOR (1971) at Cinesphere — the world’s first permanent IMAX cinema. #TIF… 2 months ago
- It's not what you think thefirsttenwords.wordpress.com/2017/05/20/its… via @wordpressdotcom 4 months ago
- Is Apple Getting Ready to Buy Disney for $200 Billion? movieweb.com/apple-buying-d… 6 months ago
- RT @Bob_Mayer: Caught up on #theexpanse Great show! As a viewer enjoy it. As writer, impressed with multiple storylines & solid characters… 7 months ago
- RT @SciFiCafe: Another amazing episode @BellevueonCBC! Great job @AnnaPaquin @Allenleech @Shawndoyle #BellevueCBC #BellevueCBCseason2 7 months ago
- Nice concept & design. twitter.com/katherynwinnic… 7 months ago
- RT @HouseofCards: https://t.co/nPCNIpG1Y2 7 months ago